As part of its Best Practices for History Organizations workshop series, the New Jersey Historical Commission and New Jersey Historic Trust are pleased to partner with the New Jersey State Library to offer a board training workshop. The workshop will feature Nancy Davis and Pam Fitzgerald of the Ivy Group, Ltd. The workshop will cover:
- Getting the right people on the board
- Orientation and training
- Characteristics of successful board members
- Who does what: delineation of roles and responsibilities
- Understanding the needs of your constituents
- Board involvement in the community/be a player
- Board maladies
- Measuring progress and success/board self-evaluation
The workshop will be offered in three locations from 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Monmouth County Library, Manalapan
Haggerty Education Center, Morristown
Atlantic County Library, Mays Landing
Registration is limited to one trustee and one staff member from each cultural institution. There is a fee of $15 per person to cover the cost of refreshments. Please register by September 23, 2015.
The link to register can be found here.
From: H-New Jersey