The New Jersey Association of Museums (NJAM) issued a call for proposals for its conference, “Establishing the Gold Standard for New Jersey Museums.” The conference will take place on Monday, June 5, 2023, from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm at the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ.
According to the NJAM, session proposals should focus on the following topics:
- Collection management policies: guidelines for acquiring, preserving, and deaccessioning museum objects and specimens.
- Digital accessibility: making museum exhibits, collections, and information accessible to online visitors and for educational purposes.
- Educational programming: school programs, public programs, and volunteer or docent training programs serving the needs of diverse visitors.
- Emergency preparedness: protecting museum staff, visitors, collections, and infrastructure in the event of fire, flood, or other disasters.
- Ethics and governance: Model practices for museum leadership, funding, transparency, and accountability.
- Other topics/qualities/aspects essential to NJ museums and communities.